Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Who is Winning the War on Drugs?

Working on a developing radio program titled The Jaws of Justice, (FB, Kansas City Jaws of Justice) on a community radio station, kkfi.org 90.1 fm (streaming live) One subject of the many that need addressing, I chose to report on the Drug Policy Alliance Network, or DPA. Coming into this project I envisioned a two fold meaning, Who wins when someone loses. Who pays for the losses? I looked to the Drug Policy Alliance Network, (DPA) for facts. Are we indeed pulling out of the war on drugs? When I started writing and doing research on the initiative being rallied to America’s Drug Czar to pull out of America’s war on Drugs, I had a clear focus of what I thought I knew, but as began clicking links and scrolling through hundreds of pages of information, statistics, studies, case histories, initiatives, bills, and laws, my mind dizzying with the daunting task of being objective and unprejudiced in my effort to report in a balanced manner and even assuming the position of the devil’s advocate where necessary. I realized this can’t be tackled unless We The People do it. At a time when the U.S. is securing our boarder with Mexico, fencing in the rabbits, all of us scared of how this war could very well burst through our front doors at any moment tearing apart families, our communities, our America. Just this week our Leader, President Obama renewed the “Patriot Act?” What is so patriotic about listening into and spying on citizens of America? What puts one in the big ear of Big Brother? Is it a word you might say?, an action you may take?, the company you keep?, a cause you may feel passionate about?, an event you attend? All of our Constitutional Rights are being challenged, from the right to bear arms, as Chicago is discovering, you can have long arms but not hand guns. So do we all go get rifles and do the have to be the musket ball type? I’ve requested an interview with the DPA leaders and organizers of the initiatives and petitions now being circulated and they have agreed to be my authority source for impending actions since they are on the floor of the House. I am pleased that there is an organization that realizes that our prison systems are nothing more than the new “Plantations” and the War on Drugs is being lost. No one wins when 10 in 300 Americans are in the penal system of some manner. In cooperation with another producer with Jaws of Justice it has been decided that this can not be a simple report but a on going, weekly update as to the actions being presented and represented as they concern us all, and our freedoms Recently I began a fan page on FB titled MILLIONS OF PISSED OFF PEOPLE MARCH, (on Washington) in hopes that people will understand that hiding behind on line petitions will not bring out change, We the People actually have to show our faces, en mass.In order to preserve the integrity of a blog I will post bite sized portions of this and more subjects based on the War on Drugs… Your feed back , input and participation is welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment