
I voted, Yes I did. I worked with Move On to bring hope to this country, to even the playing field, following the promises of YES WE CAN! and getting Mr. Obama elected as President of these United States. But the more I involve myself in this, a "grass roots" movement for change the more I have come to realize that in fact it is just the same ol' same ol'...er, same oil. Announcing today that oil drilling in our fragile oceans will begin. The same off shore drilling that our now President said in his campaign promises not to support.
American Forces are "Peace keeping" now with how many boots on the ground?, in how many countries? How many Americans will die for their America, for the "rights" of World citizens, the same America that would spend Trillions of dollars on armed actions in Foreign Countries but not Ten dollars a day for a family in poverty? The America that still discriminates based on appearance and gender.
The very same America that will execute the innocent in our prison systems, and crowd jails for possession of plants and builds the new plantations.
Face it, it is and will remain a two party, good ol' boy system with a Patriot Act, until WE THE PEOPLE turn our backs on Washington's policies but then you are taking a chance that you will be shot.
I'm Just sayin'

No comments:
Post a Comment