| Category: Life .. .. .. .. .. .. .... I made my appointment with MAP (pain management in Kansas) last Wednesday and did discover a few things, I have not been fired from the program. They will not order the MRI or CAT Scan my D.O. requested. Nor were they open to my request not to be on preventative pain measures but on a as needed basis. If I need a low dose of say vicodin, 30 pills in 3 months or 10 a month or 10 in 10 months, I should be supported by them. When I tried to talk with the Nurse Practitioner about the quality of life improvement taking Max GXL I had when my pain was under control and how I believed that it was one of the most important parts of my recovery process I was basically dismissed. After all, what would a patient that has been with them so many years and has undergone so much damage to bones and nerves possibly know? I feel the Pain Management Clinic's doctors are victims of their own training and need to open their minds to the holistic and herbal remedies available to all their clients. As it is, the patients are suffering most from the doctor's inability to see past the pharmaceutical companies latest substance. Generally my pain is greatest when we have a wicked low pressure storm systems. In our area we have more high pressure movement. They being in Kansas are not covered by MO. Medicaid so I pay cash. I requested my records be sent to my new D.O. in MO. I don't see any reason to pay $75.00 a visit to get scripts for the same thing my DO and Shrink give me, and the visits and meds are covered. The only advice that the Pain management specialists gave me was take 8 zanaflex a day, use the anti-inflammatory patches 12 hours on, 12 off and Voletran gel, but not together. I have noticed that I am pretty spacey from the xanax and clonadine patch but functional. Almost like a scene out of "Awakenings" twitching or thinking so fast that it stops me until I get a little touch or push forward to unstick The worst of the withdrawals hasn't returned. The pain on the other hand has been excruciating. Between it and the "when it rains, it pours" psychological stress that has been piling on, I would say it is wearing me down. I am looking forward to the day, (in the not to distant future) when my creativity is not fleeting or stymied in my battle with the New Reality Check...I am grateful for my new friends and their support and words of encouragement and for those in "the circle of trust" who remind me how much I am needed and that things will get better, i know certainly that it has to because blogging about the same crap is tiring even me, so look forward to more interesting blog topics. As always, if you aren't allergic to shell fish, mushrooms and milk thistle you need to get on the MAX. I have discovered that the MAX product, Infuse has more of the 10 vitamin pills I take daily, in one small tasty orange drink (liquid pouch), I like to mix it with cold pineapple, orange, bannanna juice and hit it in the morning. The Infusion works in conjunction with MAX GXL and contains the same amount of max (Glutathione booster) as the capsules alone, This is the stuff that all the athletes and sports teams are going crazy about because it cuts their recovery time from games, training and work outs in some cases by half. Pretty amazing product. Did you know every living organism on land has to have glutathione to exist? |
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
And so it goes....
November 23, 2009 - Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Very interesting post. Thank you for sharing this.
ReplyDelete