Physics were on my side as the cockroach in the cup of coffee I brought to my lips rose to the nose side of the cup... I noticed his lifeless body, "wings" spread eagled rise and float into this, my peculiar feild of vision. With one long painted finger nail I scooped his lifeless body from my cup and flicked him unceremoniously into the trash can beside my desk. I thought for a second, damn I hate to waste a good cup o' joe, so I scanned and swirled the lift giving liquid for any stray body parts and noticed none, so I didn't.
Slow forward to the late evening or middle of the night as the non Night Owls refer to it... when I nuke a cup of coffee and add in Baileys for creamer. The coffee pot was mysteriously turned on. This has happened in the past a couple of times and all I could figure is the croaches that reside in my house have a condo under the coffee pot and were turning up the heat but in light of the situation I think that the friends and relatives of the afore mentioned roach were grieving and planning a funeral pyre for their fallen comrade.
On another, less squirmy note but none the less uncomfortable, I had managed 4 days with no morphine until the mother of all low pressure systems came a callin' and the pain in my body was incendiary, I broke down and took some for pain. Damn it. I felt so weak, what's the pain of 60 broken bones like to a hard head like myself... HELL.
I haven't taken any since, so I start over at the beginning and now am 2 days off the phine.
No withdrawal symptoms but damn I love that warm fuzzy no pain feeling.
I love the fact that on some of the places my blogs are posted there are ads for treatment centers... that's all great if you have money or insurance! I'm laughing my ass off because I had to go solo Haans and use the herbal relief method. Had I a choice I would have gone for the "Coma" therapy. They put you in a coma until the D.T.'s are over and then bring you back out... nooo not for me, I had to do it over a 3 year period and then to the "cut it into dust specks" arrangement, with all of the Junkie symptoms. Well it made me stronger because here I blog...
Happy Thanksgiving all you other Turkeys out there! May your coffee be cockroach free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment